Although there is no way to accurately predict how long your particular accident or injury case will take to resolve, there are several factors that can come into play in determining this time. Some of those factors might include the following issues:
- Liability-do you have a case of clear liability in that the other party is determined to be 100% at fault or is there a disagreement as to who caused the accident or what percentage of fault you are claimed to have in contributing to your accident;
- Complexity of case-if you have a very complicated case with multiple defendants, multiple claims of liability, unusual or difficult damages, pre-existing injuries, difficulty in establishing a causal connection between the accident and your injuries or any one of several other factors then it could take a more extended period of time to resolve your case;
- Insurance coverage-in Connecticut, a person who was injured in a motor vehicle accident, or their attorney, is entitled to determine the amount of insurance coverage that is available to the injured party that is carried by the person who caused your accident. If there is minimum insurance limits and you have significant damages then you could sell your case earlier than if there was adequate insurance coverage;
- Other available insurance coverage-if the at-fault party has limits of liability that are insufficient to compensate you for your injuries and damages, and you have UIM coverage available to you, then you might be able to resolve the first part of your case with the at-fault party in a shorter period of time;
- Your patience-sometimes people who are injured in an accident are placed in economic duress and want to resolve their cases as quickly as possible and sometimes are even willing to accept less than full value. This is something that could certainly affect the amount of time that it would take to resolve your case;
- The defendant's willingness to settle-in certain cases the person causing your injuries will make a number of claims that will cause the insurance company not to want to resolve your case sooner rather than later; and
- Other factors-there are many other issues that may be present in your case that would assist you in settling your case earlier or might case to go on for an extended period of time depending upon the circumstances.
There is no way to accurately predict how long it will take your Connecticut accident attorney to resolve your injury case. What is very important is that you contact a Connecticut personal injury lawyer at the earliest possible moment so that you do not make any mistakes in attempting to handle your case, which could ultimately cost you tens of thousands of dollars or worse yet could destroy your case altogether.
If you have any problems or questions, or if we can assist you in any way, with your important Connecticut accident or injury case, please feel free to contact one of our injury lawyers. We will be happy to provide you with free books, free consultation, and if we decide to take your case, it will cost you no money out of your pocket.
Call us here: (203)-438-7450
PS. If you have been injured, click here to download your free “Crash Course: On PersonalInjury Claims” eBook:
You'll learn: what to do first; how a personal injury claim is put together; what insurance adjusters don't want you to know; what to do and what not to do; how to better communicate with your health care providers; how to support your loss of income claim and what you need to do to help your attorney get you more money for your case. Click here to download your free copy now.