Injured in a Slip or Trip & Fall Incident?
A slip and fall accident occurs when the surface you're walking is unsafe or damaged in some way, causing you to slip and suffer injury. This can occur at work, when you're at another establishment, in hotels, or even on an average sidewalk.
If you've suffered a slip and fall accident, you may have a valid injury claim. Our Connecticut personal injury attorneys can help you determine if the surface you were on should have been more secure or if there were a lack of warnings about a possibly slippery surface. Using this information, we can help you move forward with your case or lawsuit.
How Do These Accidents Happen?
A slip and fall accident can result in damages to an injured party as a result of the negligence or fault of another party. Slip and fall cases can be caused by temporary or permanent conditions either outside of a building, inside of a building, or on land. The cause of a slip and fall accident can range from spilled liquid to a broken piece of slab on a sidewalk to a damaged stairwell railing.
The five major reasons for slip and fall accidents are:
- Poor walking surfaces – If a walking surface is poorly maintained, there may be loose threads, curling corners, mats that are too think, and other surfaces that can cause a fall
- Poor visibility – It is required to have good lighting on a walking surface and to have visible signage if there is a dangerous surface
- Stairs – Must be built to code and properly maintained; also must be well-lit
- Handrails – Must be built to code, easy to grip, and maintained properly
In the harsh elements of Connecticut, it is very possible to suffer a slip and fall accident because of snow or ice on a walkway. If this happens because a person hasn't properly maintained their property, you may still be entitled to file a lawsuit. If you have been involved in an accident involving black ice or snow and ice, you need to take pictures right away, if possible. You should capture the place of the accident and any details that may help demonstrate the cause of your injuries. We were able to settle a slip and fall case for more than $100,000 due to the use of visual evidence! To read more about it, click here.
Fighting for Compensation for Your Slip & Fall Accident
Giving any statements or signing any authorizations could possibly have a negative impact on your slip and fall case. It is very important to contact one of our Ridgefield-based slip and fall attorneys as soon as possible after your accident. The quicker you contact us, the faster we can give assistance on the case.
Our team works tirelessly to get our clients compensation for the following:
- Medical care and related expenses, past and future
- Income lost because of slip and fall accident, past and future
- Permanent physical, disability, or disfigurement
- Loss of family, social, and educational experiences due to injuries sustained from your slip and fall accident.
- Emotional damages, such as stress, embarrassment, depression, or strain on family relationships incurred by your slip and fall accident
- Punitive damages (in extraordinary cases)
- Damaged property due to your slip and fall accident
How Do I Start My Case?
To begin your case, please click here to contact our team. We will immediately begin evaluating your case. Our Connecticut slip and fall accident lawyers advance all of the costs and expenses of your injury case, including expert investigations. This means we will repay ourselves through whatever fees were advanced, only after we've won your case for you. We only take any payment if we win an award or settlement for you.
You can also call our Ridgefield Hastings, Cohan & Walsh, LLP office at (888) 244-5480 for a free remote consultation.