Accidents on Connecticut I-84 happened quite frequently where people are seriously injured or even die. I-84 is one of Connecticut's most traveled roadways and as a result, many people either commuting to work, running errands, visiting friends or family members, moving from one state to another, delivering goods or services, use this heavily trafficked interstate highway.
Frequent Travelers on I-84
I-84 is used by trucking companies that transport products, you can find modular homes being transported on this highway, cars, trucks, motorcycles, buses and other motor vehicles use this interstate on a regular basis.
The western end of I-84 enters Connecticut at Danbury and passes through the major junctions of US Route 6, US Route 7, and US Route 202. This interstate proceeds in an easterly direction through Waterbury passing by US Route 8, travels through Cheshire near I-691, near West Hartford approaching US Route 9, travels through Hartford, and intersects I-91. It continues through East Hartford bypassing US Route 2 and US Route 15, it continues through Manchester intersecting I-384 and I-291 and finally exits Connecticut near Sturbridge Massachusetts.
Cities That I-84 Serve
For anyone that travels on I-84 with some degree of regularity you will know that there are major traffic congestion areas, many of which approach Danbury, Waterbury, New Britain, Hartford and East Hartford. There are also large construction projects that are underway that also cause traffic to slow and even stop. Many days there will be highway crews from the Connecticut Department of Transportation who will be performing some type of maintenance work that will also cause traffic congestion. Many motor vehicle operators, including large tractor-trailers, travel in excess of the posted speed limit and sometimes operate their vehicles in a less than reasonable fashion.
Other drivers who share the roads on the interstate:
- Elderly drivers on the roadways
- New drivers who do not have much experience
- People that text and drive or use a handheld device or otherwise engage in distracted driving
- Those who choose to drink and drive or use either illegal drugs or prescription medication that alter their ability to safely operate a motor vehicle
In other words, I-84 is a place where you must be on high alert as to your surroundings and you must be hyper vigilant because although you will be driving properly many others might not be who could cause a serious motor vehicle accident because of the speed at which motor vehicles are moving and the number of motor vehicles on the interstate.
What Should You Do if You Have Been Injured on I-84?
If you are injured in an accident on I-84, it is very important that you contact an experienced Connecticut personal injury lawyer at the earliest possible moment. These cases will be investigated by the Connecticut State police and it take an extended period of time to obtain a police accident report.
To the extent you are able, you should do the following:
- Take as many pictures as possible of the accident site, the vehicles involved, the identifying information of any potential witnesses, and any and all other photographic information
- These photos could assist your Connecticut accident attorney in developing your I-84 accident case. You should tell the police officer at the accident scene why the other party is at fault.
- If you are not feeling well then you should insist upon being taken to the nearest hospital by ambulance. You should follow the discharge instructions given to you at the hospital and then contact the appropriate doctor for follow-up care.
- You will probably be contacted by the insurance adjuster representing the at-fault party who will want to get some basic information from you and will ask that you give a recorded statement. You should never give a recorded statement but instead you should tell the adjuster that you will be contacting a Connecticut personal injury attorney.
To find out more about what you should and should not be doing after your I-84 accident, contact our experienced Connecticut accident lawyers at (888) 842-8466 and either get your questions answered over the telephone or we can set up a free consultation where will be happy to discuss the specifics of your case and advise you as to what you need to be doing.
You can also visit our website at www.HCWLAW.com where you can download a free copy of our Connecticut accident and injury law book, you can read any of our articles, view our videos or provide us with some brief information via email and we will be happy to get back in touch with you.
Contact Hastings, Cohan & Walsh, LLP
Do not wait until you have made a mistake in attempting to handle your own accident case. Get this valuable free information today. We also represent injured parties on a contingency fee basis and advance the costs to develop your case which means that you do not have to come up with any money out of pocket. These monies are only repaid to our Connecticut accident attorneys if we recover money damages for you.
If there is no recovery you will owe no legal fees and no cost. It's just that easy!