Injured in a Connecticut Hit and Run Accident? Here's What You Should Do

If you have been injured in a Connecticut hit and run accident where the other driver cannot be located or where the at-fault driver has no insurance you might think that there is no way to recover money damages for your personal injury case. You might have mounting medical bills, you might be suffering from a loss of income, you might be seriously injured and are looking at an extended period of time in which to get better, you might be left with permanent injuries and your life will be turned upside down and to compound matters you might have been hit by someone that took off and the driver could not be located or you could have been injured by another driver who was at fault in the accident but did not have insurance. What do you do now?

In Connecticut, anyone owning a motor vehicle is required to purchase minimum limits of liability coverage in the amounts of 20/40. This means that the most anyone injured party can receive in an accident is $20,000 in the most all of the parties can obtain in the same accident is $40,000. In addition to liability insurance coverage you are also required to purchase uninsured and underinsured motorist insurance. This type of coverage sometimes referred to as you UM for uninsured motorist coverage or UIM for underinsured motorist coverage is like purchasing liability insurance coverage for every driver on the road. This coverage pays for injuries to you, your passengers, and family members who are injured by another at-fault driver who does not carry any insurance or if you are involved in a hit and run accident where the driver of that vehicle cannot be located.

It is important that you have experienced Connecticut personal injury lawyer review the facts of your particular situation to determine what type of insurance coverage is available to you or your family members if you are involved in either a hit and run accident or if the other at fault driver, does not have any insurance coverage. Our experienced Connecticut hit and run accident attorneys at Hastings, Cohan & Walsh, LLP will be able to ask you a number of questions about your case, will determine the insurance coverage that you and your family members have available to you, will tell you about the amounts of insurance coverage that you are your family members have available to you and can explain how you can go about obtaining money damages for your Connecticut accident case despite the fact that you are involved in a hit-and-run accident or if the other at fault driver does not have insurance coverage.

You should speak with an experienced Connecticut personal injury lawyer before you speak with your insurance agent or an insurance adjuster. That should be done at the earliest possible moment so that you do not do anything to jeopardize your coverage or potentially reduce the value of your case. Our Connecticut accident lawyers and injury attorneys are happy to provide you with free legal advice regarding your Connecticut hit and run or Connecticut uninsured motorist case. Please call our toll-free number at 888-244-5480 or provide us with some brief information on our online form.

Our Connecticut accident attorneys and injury lawyers are here to help you and are happy to provide you with free information and advice.