Have you been injured by a defective product? If so, it is important that you contact a Ridgefield personal injury attorney from Hastings, Cohan & Walsh, LLP right away.
Our team has been assisting clients in the state of Connecticut since 1988, and we may be able to help you obtain compensation for your case. We understand that this time in your life can be difficult, but with our aggressive representation, you may be able to receive a favorable resolution to your case. Defective product injuries can be devastating, but with the right Ridgefield product liability attorney on your side, you could see a favorable resolution to your case.
Depending on the specifics of your case, you may be entitled to receive compensation for the grievances you have sustained.
If you have experienced any of the following injuries due to defective products, do not hesitate to contact the defective product lawyers at Hastings, Cohan & Walsh, LLP:
- Severe lacerations or cuts
- Car accident injuries
- Broken bones or sprains
- Serious health concerns due to prolonged exposure or use of a defective product
What is the Connecticut Product Liability Act?
The Connecticut Product Liability Act lays out guidelines for pursuing compensation for defective product injuries. The act covers the following laws related to filing a defective product lawsuit:
- Statute of Limitations: Under this act, consumers have the right to pursue legal action against the manufacturer for up to 3 years after the date of their injury. In some cases, the "discovery rule" may allow for a longer time frame. This allows for legal action to be taken if the injury could not have reasonably been discovered within the 3-year time frame.
- Comparative Fault: Connecticut follows comparative fault laws with product liability claims as well. This means that you may still pursue compensation if you are partially responsible for your injuries, however, your compensation may be diminished in accordance with the amount of fault you hold.
- Liability: Connecticut allows product liability lawsuits to be filed under the following circumstances: negligence, strict liability, and breach of warranty. This can include instances where there was a manufacturing or design defect, or the manufacturer failed to provide adequate warnings or instructions for use of the product.
Do Not Face Corporations and Insurance Companies Alone!
Most defective product manufacturers will fight to protect their own assets after an injury. Facing corporations and their insurance companies can seem overwhelming, but with Hastings, Cohan & Walsh, LLP on your side, you can feel confident that your case is in good hands. We understand that your needs are paramount and we will work diligently to provide you with the highest quality representation in a cost-effective and timely manner.
If you have been injured, contact our Ridgefield personal injury lawyers today and schedule a free case evaluation with our team. We provide a no-cost, no fee, 30-day guarantee and work with our clients on a contingency fee basis – which means you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Act now!
Contact us today at (203) 438-7450 to tell our Connecticut product liability lawyers more about your unique situation and find out if you are entitled to compensation.