Hospital Malpractice in Connecticut
Consult a Skilled Ridgefield Medical Malpractice Attorney
If you or someone you love has been harmed by hospital malpractice, our Ridgefield medical malpractice lawyers can help you navigate the complex legal issues of hospital malpractice law so that you can collect the full compensation you deserve. Hospital malpractice is a form of medical malpractice. It can result in devastating or fatal injuries. In some cases, victims may have a legal right to compensation for their injuries.
Since 1988, Hastings, Cohan & Walsh, LLC has proudly served Bridgeport, Norwalk, Danbury, Ridgefield, Stamford and surrounding Connecticut communities. We operate on a contingency fee basis, meaning that you don't pay us a cent unless we obtain compensation on your behalf. If we do not obtain compensation, then our firm will absorb the costs. Our clients are our top priority and we strive to ensure that they are well-cared for during some of the most difficult times of their lives.
Begin your journey to just compensation by calling (888) 244-5480!
Hospital malpractice occurs when a patient visits the hospital, the hospital or staff performs below the accepted standard of care by action or inaction, and the patient is harmed in the process.
Examples of hospital malpractice include:
- Unsanitary condition leading to an infection
- Medication error
- Failure to diagnose, delayed diagnosis, or misdiagnosis of a medical condition or event
- Failure to treat, delayed treatment, or failure to fully treat a patient
- Failure to properly monitor a patient
- Failure to respond to a patient in crisis in a timely fashion
- Surgical errors such as use of dirty instruments or wrong site surgery
- Misreading of diagnostic data, such as X-ray, CT scan, or MRI
- Failure to obtain informed consent
- Providing inappropriate food to a patient on a restricted diet
Consequences of Hospital Malpractice
Hospital malpractice can have a wide range of consequences. Hospital errors are incredibly common and do not always cause noticeable harm. On the other end of the spectrum, you can go in for a minor problem or routine procedure and experience fatal injuries as a result of hospital malpractice.
Those who can recover from their injuries may experience a longer hospital stay, more extensive treatment and pain than would have been necessary if not for the error, and a much larger bill. The hospital may try to pass this off as a complication rather than the result of medical malpractice, and charge you for the extra care.
Compensation for Hospital Malpractice
If you have been harmed by medical malpractice, you may be able to recover compensation for your economic and non-economic damages. In some cases, punitive damages may also be awarded.
Compensation for hospital malpractice could include:
- Existing and future medical expenses created by the malpractice
- Existing and future lost income
- Diminished earning capacity
- Permanent physical disability
- Loss of familial, social, recreational and educational experiences
- Emotional harm, such as stress, embarrassment, depression, or strains on family relationships
At Hastings, Cohan & Walsh, LLC, it is our goal to ensure that you are well-taken care of throughout case proceedings. Let us take care of the legal details while you focus on recovery.
Put 100 Years' Collective Experience to Work for You!
The Ridgefield medical malpractice attorneys at our firm have over 100 years of combined experience. This experience enables us to effectively handle our clients' cases and pursue compensation on their behalf. We are life-long members of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell ®. If you believe that you or someone you love has been harmed by hospital malpractice, call the Ridgefield medical malpractice lawyers of Hastings, Cohan & Walsh, LLP and schedule a free case evaluation!
Call (888) 244-5480 to learn more about our firm!