Hit in a Crosswalk or as a Pedestrian in Connecticut?
Take a step in the right direction with us!
Crosswalk and pedestrian accidents are all too common, and they can lead to serious injuries and even death. If you or a loved one was hit by a car while crossing the street or in a parking lot, you have the right to be fairly compensated for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and any disabilities or permanent injuries.
Our experienced personal injury attorneys have a proven track record of success in representing clients who have been injured in pedestrian accidents. We understand the complex laws and regulations surrounding these types of accidents and will work tirelessly to ensure that you receive the maximum compensation possible.
We have decades of experience representing pedestrians who have been hit by motor vehicles:
- In crosswalks
- While crossing the street
- In public parking lots
- In store or shopping center parking lots
- In driveways
The most common injuries that pedestrians suffer after being hit by a motor vehicle include:
- WRONGFUL DEATH: In the most serious cases, the pedestrian accident victim dies.
- HEAD INJURIES: Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) are among the most common injuries sustained by pedestrians hit by cars. Even a mild TBI can result in long-term complications, such as memory loss, headaches, and difficulty concentrating.
- FRACTURES: Pedestrians who are hit by cars often suffer broken bones, particularly in the legs, arms, and pelvis.
- SOFT TISSUE INJURIES: These include sprains, strains, and tears of the muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
- INTERNAL INJURIES: These can include damage to internal organs, such as the lungs, liver, and spleen.
- SPINAL CORD INJURIES: These can range from minor sprains to severe fractures and can result in permanent paralysis.
- LACERATIONS AND ABRASIONS: These types of injuries are common in pedestrian accidents and can result in scarring.
- PSYCHOLOGICAL INJURIES: The emotional trauma of being hit by a car can result in depression, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Contact us for a FREE confidential case evaluation
It is important to understand that some of these injuries may not be immediately apparent, and it is vital to seek medical care and attention as soon as possible after an accident to properly assess your medical situation.
Furthermore, a personal injury lawyer can handle all legal aspects of your case, allowing you to focus on healing and resuming your normal life.
It is also important that you contact our experienced CT crosswalk and pedestrian injury lawyers as soon as possible for a number of reasons. Most importantly, our Connecticut pedestrian accident attorneys will handle all the legal aspects of your case so you can focus on healing and getting your life back to normal.
There are several other important reasons why it is crucial for a crosswalk and pedestrian accident victim to contact our CT personal injury lawyers as soon as possible:
TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE: There could be a very brief notice provision that may need to be filed against a local or state government. There is also a statute of limitations for personal injury claims, which means that there is a specific time frame in which you can file a claim. If you wait too long in either case, you may miss your chance to receive the compensation you deserve.
EVIDENCE COLLECTION: The sooner you contact our CT accident attorneys, the sooner we can start collecting evidence. This could include taking pictures of the accident scene, having a private investigator locate any surveillance cameras and footage in the area of the accident, interviewing witnesses, and gathering other types of evidence. The more evidence that can be collected, the stronger your case will be.
INSURANCE NEGOTIATIONS: Insurance companies will often contact an accident victim and try to settle your case for as little as possible. You must not speak with the insurance adjuster who represents the person who caused your injuries. A personal injury lawyer can negotiate on your behalf and make sure that you receive the money you deserve.
PROVING LIABILITY: Our Connecticut personal injury lawyers can help establish that the driver who hit you was negligent and therefore liable for your injuries. This is crucial in order to receive compensation.
Contact us today for a free case evaluation. If we decide to take your case, you will not have to pay us any money out of your own pocket unless and until we collect money damages for you. Let us fight for you so you can get the money you deserve.
Why Should You Go With Us?-Decades of experience representing victims of crosswalk and pedestrian accidents; -Nationally recognized as being in the top 5% of all injury lawyers; named one of the top 10 injury law firms in Connecticut for client satisfaction Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum; teaches lawyers across the country how to get more money for their clients' injury cases; best-selling author; dedicated to getting you the compensation you deserve; free case evaluation; no cost, no fee; 30 day guarantee!
You need to act immediately to protect your rights; fill out the form and we will contact you! Take the first step towards getting the money you deserve.
10 Best American Institute of Personal Injury Attorney
Martindale-Hubbell Client Champion Platinum
AV Preeminent Rating - Martindale-Hubbell
Top 100 Trial Lawyers - The National Trial Lawyers
Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Personal injury can occur in virtually any circumstance, but some of the most common and severe cases involve:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Child Injury
- Burn Injuries
- Brain Injuries (TBI)
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Dog Bites and Animal Attacks
- Wrongful Death
- Medical Malpractice
- Birth Injuries
- Defective Products
- Slip and fall and trip and fall cases
- Pedestrian injuries,
- Bicycle accidents,
- Rideshare accidents, such as Uber and Lyft
- Bus and train accidents,
- Boat, accidents,
- Distracted, driving, accidents,
- Drunk, driving, accidents
- Teen driving accidents
- Elderly, driving accidents