Expert Legal Representation for Car Accident Victims
Schedule a free consultation with our team today
Car accidents can be traumatic, and the aftermath can be overwhelming. At Hasting, Cohan and Walsh, we're here to help you get the support you need to heal both physically and emotionally. We can refer you to medical professionals and therapists who specialize in treating car accident victims, and we can provide you with resources and information to help you cope with the aftermath of the accident. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you recover and heal.
What to Do After an Accident in Waterbury CT
While it can be nerve-wracking to be involved in a collision, it is important that you take effective steps to ensure your right to compensation is protected.
- Following an accident, we encourage our clients to take the following actions:
- Move to safety –If it is possible to do so, move to the shoulder or ensure that you are not in immediate danger of being hit again.
- Contact law enforcement –Having local authorities on scene can be beneficial to your case. Have them file an official accident report.
- Do not refuse medical attention – Always make sure you get medical care. Set up an appointment with your doctor or go to the hospital if necessary.
- Obtain information from the drivers and witnesses –Record all information regarding the accident, take photos and obtain contact information from the driver(s) involved and witnesses.
- Work with an attorney –Do not attempt to speak with insurance companies without first retaining aggressive legal representation!
Contact Hastings, Cohan & Walsh, LLP for Trusted Counsel
The most important thing that you can do after an accident is immediately contact Hastings, Cohan & Walsh, LLP. When you retain the services of our Bridgeport car accident lawyers, you can be confident knowing we thoroughly investigate your case and present a strong lawsuit on your behalf. Whether you've been injured due to a drunk driver or in a multi-vehicle accident, our firm is ready to assist you during this time.