Don't Suffer in Silence.
Get the Legal Help You Deserve After a Car Accident
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation
If you've been injured in a car accident, you may be feeling overwhelmed and unsure of what to do next. At Hastings, Cohan and Walsh, we understand how difficult this time can be, and we're here to help. Our team of experienced car accident lawyers can help you navigate the legal system and recover the compensation you deserve. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and take the first step toward a brighter future.
What to Do After an Accident in Stamford CT
While it can be nerve-wracking to be involved in a collision, it is important that you take effective steps to ensure your right to compensation is protected.
- Following an accident, we encourage our clients to take the following actions:
- Move to safety –If it is possible to do so, move to the shoulder or ensure that you are not in immediate danger of being hit again.
- Contact law enforcement –Having local authorities on scene can be beneficial to your case. Have them file an official accident report.
- Do not refuse medical attention – Always make sure you get medical care. Set up an appointment with your doctor or go to the hospital if necessary.
- Obtain information from the drivers and witnesses –Record all information regarding the accident, take photos and obtain contact information from the driver(s) involved and witnesses.
- Work with an attorney –Do not attempt to speak with insurance companies without first retaining aggressive legal representation!
Contact Hastings, Cohan & Walsh, LLP for Trusted Counsel
The most important thing that you can do after an accident is immediately contact Hastings, Cohan & Walsh, LLP. When you retain the services of our Bridgeport car accident lawyers, you can be confident knowing we thoroughly investigate your case and present a strong lawsuit on your behalf. Whether you've been injured due to a drunk driver or in a multi-vehicle accident, our firm is ready to assist you during this time.