What Type Of Doctors Should You See After You’ve Been Injured In An Accident

Posted by Richard P. Hastings | Sep 21, 2020 | 0 Comments


This week's edition of our "HCW: How Can We?" Youtube series, deals with the issue of what type of doctors you should be seeing after you been injured in an accident. In most situations, you will have been seen at the hospital emergency room directly after the accident and you will be experiencing additional pain and discomfort in the days that follow.

Many of our clients want to know what types of doctors they should be seeing for their accident-related medical challenges. We recommend that they not see their family practitioner because they are a generalist and they need to see a specialist.

If you have any problems related to your bones, joints, muscles, or spine you should make an appointment with an orthopedic doctor so that tests can be run, a diagnosis can be made, and follow-up medical care and treatment can be prescribed. In many cases, you will be referred to a physical therapist who will work in conjunction with the orthopedist to help you get to the point where you will reach maximum medical improvement for that point in time when you are as well as you are going to be.

If you hit your head in the accident, if you lost consciousness, if you are having headaches, if you have issues involving tingling pains or shooting pains then you should make an appointment with a neurologist. Generally, you will first see an orthopedist and if these complaints sound like they are neurological in nature then your orthopedist should refer you to a neurologist. It is important to keep this in mind when you are getting medical care and attention so you can ask what other doctors you should be seeing for your accident-related problems.

Naturally, if you have any specialized problems or pre-existing conditions then you might need to see some type of specialist for these particular problems. Make sure that you make all of your medical challenges known to your doctors so that you can be referred to other healthcare providers if appropriate.

If you have any problems or questions regarding what you should be doing after you been injured in some type of accident, we will be happy to assist you. Please do not hesitate to contact us!

About the Author

Richard P. Hastings

Attorney Hastings concentrates his practice on personal injury and litigation. Devoted to helping those who have suffered some type of wrong, Richard P. Hastings concentrates his law practice on personal injury law.


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment


Aenean lacinia bibendum nulla sed consectetur. Donec sed odio dui. Maecenas sed diam eget risus varius blandit sit amet non magna. Nulla vitae elit libero, a pharetra augue. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Morbi leo risus, porta ac consectetur ac, vestibulum at eros. Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas.

Let Us Fight for You

Local Presence. Statewide Coverage.

When you choose Hastings, Cohan & Walsh, LLP you will receive the one-on-one attention and individualized support that you deserve. Our Connecticut personal injury attorneys will not treat you as just another case number nor will we hand your case off to a paralegal.

Unlike other law firms, we will personally handle each legal aspect of your case, walking with you every step of the way. We aim to provide the highest quality representation possible. We have extensive experience and training in a variety of aspects of personal injury law. We obtain the knowledge and skill-set necessary to maximize your compensation.

Ridgefield Office
Mon: 08:30am - 05:00pm
Tue: 08:30am - 05:00pm
Wed: 08:30am - 05:00pm
Thu: 08:30am - 05:00pm
Fri: 08:30am - 05:00pm