If you have been injured by a drunk driver in Connecticut then you have a number of ways that you can go about collecting money damages for your injuries and damages. First and foremost, it is very important that you contact an experienced Connecticut injury lawyer to assist you in your case. Assuming the individual that caused your injuries has been arrested for drunk driving then that person's case will proceed through the criminal court system. Your attorney can file an appearance with the Court, on behalf of you the victim, so that you can be made a part of the process as the case proceeds.
You are also entitled to institute an insurance claim or start a civil action against a number of people or entities which could include, but not be limited to the following:
- the drunk driver
- the owner of the motor vehicle
- the restaurant, club or bar where the person became intoxicated before causing your accident
- any intervening third parties
- any local or state government that might be responsible for your injuries as a result of a defective roadway
- some other reason or your own insurance company
- the insurance company of a residence relative of the same household for uninsured or underinsured motorist benefits
It is important that you hire an experienced Connecticut injury lawyer as soon as possible after you have been injured by a drunk driver in Connecticut. Your attorney can assist you in a great number of ways not the least of which is explaining the entire process to you so you know what you should be doing, what you should not be doing, how you can develop your claim for lost wages, how you get better medical care, how you get better quicker, and how you can help your Connecticut injury lawyer get you more money for your case.
Our Connecticut injury lawyers take these cases on a contingency fee basis and also advanced the costs to develop your case. In other words, you will not have to pay any money to our Connecticut injury lawyers unless and until we recover money damages for you. If there is no recovery, then you will owe us no money for legal fees and no money for the expenses that we have paid on your behalf. We want you to get better as quickly as possible so we will take all of the financial risk so that you can concentrate on your medical recovery.
You can contact our Connecticut injury lawyers in a number of different ways.
- You can visit our website and download any one of our free books on Connecticut accident and injury law.
- You can call our toll-free number and have your questions answered over the telephone by one of our Connecticut accident attorneys.
- You can schedule a free consultation where one of our attorneys will be happy to meet with you to review the facts of your case and specifically advise you as to what you should not be doing.
Do not make a mistake in attempting to represent yourself before you get the advice of experienced Connecticut injury lawyer. Do not speak with the insurance adjuster representing the person who caused the accident but instead contact an experienced personal injury lawyer first.
There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.
Leave a Comment