In 2015, there were almost half a million bicycle related accident injuries and more than 1,000 bicyclists died in accidents per The Center for Disease Control. Connecticut bicycle accidents happen far too frequently and occur on winding backcountry roads, on main streets in small towns, on busy thoroughfares in large cities, in parks, and in a variety of other locations. Accidents between a motor vehicle and a bicyclist create obvious problems, injuries and damages as a result of the great difference between the weight of a car and that of a person on a bicycle.
Bicycle accidents can occur as a result of a great number of different situations which could include, but not be limited to the following:
- Negligence on the part of the driver including failing to stop at a stop sign, failing to yield the right-of-way, making an illegal U-turn, failing to see a bicyclist, making a left-hand turn into the oncoming bicyclists, or any one of a number of other violations of motor vehicle laws;
- Reckless conduct on the part of the driver including traveling at a high rate of speed, reckless driving, racing, or any one of a number of other violations of significant motor vehicle laws;
- Criminal conduct, including drinking and driving, on the part of the driver;
- Distracted driving;
- Hazardous roadway conditions including potholes; and
- The failure of the driver to exercise that degree of care necessary to avoid causing an accident with a bicyclist.
If you or someone you know has been involved in a bicycle accident, it is important that you get immediate medical care and attention and that you contact an experienced Connecticut bicycle accident lawyer as soon as possible.
Your case may need to be investigated which could include, as we might do, hiring a private investigator, contacting witnesses, taking pictures, and obtaining necessary evidentiary information to help in the development of your case (we advance these costs).
Our Connecticut bicycle accident lawyers can also advise you as to:
- What you should be doing
- What you should not be doing
- What steps you should be taking
- The types of doctors you need to be seeing
- How you can help your Connecticut personal injury lawyer get you more money for your Connecticut bicycle accident case.
If you do not have any money you do not need to worry.
Our Connecticut bicycle accident lawyers take these cases on a contingency fee basis. In other words, you do not have to come up with any money out of pocket but rather our Connecticut bicycle accident lawyers will only be paid when we collect money damages for you. We also advance the costs to develop your case so you will have no out-of-pocket expenses. If there is no recovery then you will owe no legal fees and no costs. We want you to concentrate on what's most important which is getting better as quickly as possible so we take all the financial risk in handling your case.
You can also download a free copy of our book on Connecticut accident and injury law. You can schedule a free consultation where one of our Connecticut bicycle accident lawyers will be happy to meet with you and finally discussed the facts of your case and specifically advise you as to what you need to be doing.
Still need another reason to contact us? Please look at our no-cost, no fee, 30 day guarantee which is set forth on our website. We literally take all of the risk so you can be comfortable in deciding what Connecticut injury lawyer you want to represent you. Contact us today to see how we can help you!