What happens if you have been seriously injured in a slip and fall or trip and fall accident, as a tenant, in your Waterbury, Connecticut rental property? Does it matter if you were involved in a CT injury accident as a result of a defective condition? What happens if you were injured as a result of a slippery surface? What would happen if you were seriously injured as a result of falling on snow or ice? What responsibility does the landlord have as it relates to your use of the property? Can you collect money damages against your landlord for injuries you sustained in some type of accident that occurred on the landlord's property?

Connecticut jury instructions section 3.9, et al, deal with the requirement of notice. In order for an injured party to recover, the injured party must prove that the person with the care, custody, or control of the property had actual notice, that is, actually knew of the unsafe condition long enough before the injured party was hurt to have taken steps to correct the condition or take other appropriate preventive measures.

In order for the injured party to recover money damages in the absence of proof that the owner, keeper or possessor of the property created the condition or actually knew of it, the injured party must prove that the owner, keeper, or person in the care, custody or control of the property had constructive notice. Constructive notice means that the defendant, using reasonable care, should have known of the unsafe condition in time to take corrective steps or to take other suitable precautions.

There would be a number of considerations that must be taken into account which might include: whether the defendant inspected the premises on a reasonable basis or in a reasonable way in determining whether the defendant should have known of the unsafe condition; or the length of time that the condition had existed in determining whether the defendant should have known of the condition had the defendant used reasonable care. There might also be claims against various other parties that could include subcontractors or third parties that have been hired by the landlord or have been doing work on behalf of the landlord.

Our CT injury attorneys and accident lawyers have been representing victims of slip and fall, trip and fall, defective property conditions, and premises liability cases for decades. As a result of our knowledge, training, and experience we have written the book "The Crash Course on Personal Injury Claims in Connecticut." You can download a free copy of our almost 200 page book by visiting our website at You can also call our toll-free number at 888-244-5480 and speak with one of our CT  injury lawyers or accident attorneys to get your questions answered immediately. You can also schedule a free, no obligation, in office interview where we can review the facts of your case and advise you as to what you should be doing. You can also fill out our brief online form and give us a little information about your case. We will then contact you. There are a number of things that need to be investigated prior to proceeding with your case. Every injury case is different so you need to get the advice of an experienced Connecticut premises liability attorney immediately. Don't get injured a second time by dealing directly with the insurance company. Get this viable free information today.