What Should I Do If I Have Been Involved in a CT Motor Vehicle Accident?

Every year, literally millions of people are injured in motor vehicle accidents. Unfortunately, many of those injured are unaware of their rights or don't know what to do in such a situation. In the event you are involved in a CT Motor Vehicle Accident,  it is important for you to follow a few basic rules:

Stop The Vehicle and determine the nature, extent, and severity of the damages or injuries.

Secure The Accident Site so that no other vehicles become involved. Put on your blinkers, light a road flare, and use other warning devices to alert others as to the potential for injury.

Check On Those Who Are Injured. Don't attempt to move them unless there is an immediate need to do so, such as an imminent fire, explosion, or some other peril.

Obtain The Names And Addresses Of All Witnesses and Take Pictures. Gather as much contact information as you can, and try to establish whether the witnesses expect to remain at the address they have given you for a reasonable amount of time. Take pictures of the accident site, the location and damage to the vehicles and anything else that you think would be helpful in developing your case.

Contact The Police. Tell them why the other party is at fault. Describe all injuries you or your passengers have suffered, and give your witness contact information to the responding officer.

If Your Injuries Are Significant Enough, you should be transported by ambulance to the nearest hospital. Don't be afraid to err on the side of caution. Some injuries may not appear until hours or days after the event.

Contact an Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer Immediately. You should not speak to anyone from the insurance company or give any statement until you first speak with an experienced CT Motor Vehicle Accident or injury lawyer. If you do not follow this very simple instruction you could cost yourself tens of thousands of dollars or ruin your case completely.

We have offices throughout the State of CT and can represent individuals who have been injured in any of the following CT Counties: Fairfield; New Haven; Hartford; Litchfield; New London; Tolland; Windham; and Middlesex.

You need answers to your important questions right away.  Let us help you get answers to all of the questions you have to help put your mind at ease. Put our decades of legal experience to work for you. Let us handle the insurance company; you have your health to deal with. Contact us to get a FREE copy of or book "The Crash Course on Personal Injury Claims in Connecticut". Visit us online at www.hcwlaw.com and order the book or tell us about your case by calling us at
(888) 244-5480 to get your questions answered right away or to schedule a free consultation. You can even tell us about your case by filling out our online form and we will contact you.