People sometimes seek a Connecticut car accident lawyer to understand their options. In fact, you can take actions that may help your case before you even contact a Connecticut car accident lawyer.
Words of Safety from a Connecticut Car Accident Lawyer
Do not be afraid to call 911 if you feel you or someone else needs medical attention. After you have taken the necessary steps to protect your safety and the safety of others you may help your Connecticut car accident lawyer build your case by doing the following:
7 Tips from a Connecticut Car Accident Lawyer
1) Photograph the scene. Your Connecticut car accident lawyer may advise you to capture the vehicles' relative positions and damage to those vehicles.
2) Record the crash location including time of day, date, intersection, and closest address. Your Connecticut car accident lawyer may need this information.
3) Exchange information with the drivers involved. An experienced Connecticut car accident lawyer may advise you to record the names of the vehicle owner and drivers, phone numbers, license plate and driver's license numbers, make and year of the vehicle, use of seatbelts and any sustained injuries.
4) If police were involved, record the name of the investigating officer, the law enforcement agency and case number. An experienced Connecticut car accident lawyer may also advise you to record any citations that were issued as well as to whom.
5) Record the road conditions. Your Connecticut car accident lawyer should ask you if the roads were wet, dry, slippery? Were anybody's headlights on? Were anybody's turn signals on? Were everybody's brake lights working?
6) What were your and the other driver's actions immediately preceding the collision? How fast were you and other driver traveling? What was the posted speed limit? Identify what traffic controls were involved, who had the right of way, and the color of the signals. Your Connecticut car accident lawyer may also ask you what evasive actions were taken.
7) Get the complete names of any witnesses as well as complete addresses and telephone number. This may save your Connecticut car accident lawyer time and effort.
These facts will help you and your Connecticut car accident lawyer build your case. Also, be careful of any comments that you or your passengers make as they may be held against you later.
If you would like to to speak to an experienced Connecticut car accident lawyer directly, call (888) 842-8466 for a Free Consultation.
Richard P. Hastings is a Connecticut car accident lawyer and personal injury attorney with the office of Hastings, Cohan & Walsh, LLP. He is the author of the multiple books including, "The Crash Course On Personal Injury Claims in Connecticut" and can be reached at 888-244-5480.