Our Connecticut Injury and Accident Lawyers get results for our clients on a daily basis. We serve clients in Danbury, Waterbury, New Haven, Stamford, Ridgefield, and surrounding communities in Connecticut. The following list includes just a sample of results from a variety of cases our injury and accident law firm has handled for our clients:
Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Our client, a high school student was a passenger in a motor vehicle that was involved in an accident. Client sustained a broken wrist and broken leg which necessitated the installation of surgical hardware. The full extent of the substantial policy limits were obtained for our client;
- A client was involved in a serious car accident where we were able to get the policy limits from the at fault driver and then we were able to access significant UIM and motorist benefits despite the fact that coverage was highly contested;
- A client who suffered a traumatic brain injury while involved in a car accident. We were able to obtain more than the available insurance coverage due to our aggressive representation of the client which including filing an unfair insurance practices against our client’s insurance carrier;
- A client who was hit in his lane of travel by a oncoming vehicle. Despite the fact that the insurance company doctor found a greatly reduced disability as reported by our client’s treating physician our client received a substantial award;
- Our client was injured in a head-on crash. We refused to accept the insurance company’s settlement offer and held out until the at fault driver personally contributed to the settlement amount;
- A client who was hit head-on by an oncoming vehicle whose driver was attempting to avoid a deer that ran out in the road. Despite the claim of sudden emergency doctrine, we were able to secure a substantial recovery for our client;
- A client who was hit head on, by another driver who suffered a heart attack and died. Despite the multiple defenses available to the other driver’s insurance company, we were able to obtain significant compensation for our client;
- A teenage girl who had a sudden medical emergency struck our client. The girl’s insurance company, despite the available defenses, paid significant compensation to our client;
- Client was seriously injured in a car accident. Our firm, despite the fact that there was significant limits of insurance coverage, agreed to take the case on an hourly fee basis because we felt there was not enough insurance coverage. We were able to exhaust the substantial coverage with multiple telephone calls saving the client more than six figures;
- A client who was injured by a drunk driver who left the scene of the accident. We were able to her a very favorable result for our client during jury selection;
- A client who received an eye injury that did not result in blindness but despite this fact we were able to convince the insurance company of the great value of this case due to future potential problems thereby resulting in a significant recovery;
- A client who was barely struck by a car as a passenger in a parking lot in a car that was backing up. The insurance company claimed our client was not paying attention, should have seen or heard the car and that his injuries should not have been that severe. We were able to obtain a significant recovery for our client;
- Young female client struck by inattentive driver backing out of a parking space. Insurance company argued our client caused the collision. Client received a significant settlement at a Pre-Trial conference;
- A female client is the victim of a head on collision. Insurance company denies liability and contests damages. After jury selection, the insurance company settled for a significant sum of money;
- Husband and wife traveling in limousine suffered significant injuries when limousine careens off the road do to black ice. After jury selection, the insurance company settled for a significant sum of money;
- Elderly female client tripped and fell in a shopping center parking lot sustained a fractured wrist. Our client received a significant recovery;
- A client who was struck by a pickup truck on a private driveway while mowing the grass. Client received the total amount of the at-fault driver’s available insurance and then our client received a significant recovery from his own automobile insurance company;
- A high school student who was a passenger in a motor vehicle that was involved in an accident. Client sustained a broken wrist and broken leg that necessitated the installation of surgical hardware. Client attained a very favorable outcome.
Pedestrian Hit by Car
- A 72-year-old female client was knocked down by a car, which was making a left hand turn out of a driveway. She sustained a fractured left wrist and contusions to her knee. Insurance carrier claimed contributory negligence. Despite the insurance company’s claim the carrier paid out demand in this case;
- A male client who was struck in a crosswalk sustaining leg and knee injuries. Client received a substantial recovery;
- A client who was struck by a car as he was backing into the street clearing leaves with a commercial leaf blower and wearing earplugs. Initially, insurance company denied liability. After mediation, the insurance company paid our demand on the case.
Slip and Fall
- Client fell in parking lot on snow and ice resulting in a broken leg. Insurance company alleged contributory negligence. Despite these claims we were able to obtain a substantial recovery;
- Client was a passenger in a motor vehicle that flipped over, resulting in lacerations to her hand fractures to her fingers. Our client received a significant reward;
- A female client who tripped and fell at a sports event. The insurance company denied the claim. After months of investigation and witness statements, the insurance company recanted and settled for a significant sum of money;
- Client, who was out drinking with his friend, rode as a passenger in his friend’s vehicle. The vehicle got into an accident at a time when both parties were intoxicated. Client broke his leg. Insurance carrier claimed client assumed the risk of the accident by getting into the car with an intoxicated driver. Despite this very viable defense we were still able to secure a substantial recovery;
- A number of clients who slipped and fell on snow, ice and black ice. In the majority of those cases the insurance carrier took the position that either there was no liability or that our clients were not watching where they were going and were therefore partially responsible for their injuries. We were able to collect significant money damages for these injuries;
- Acted as co-counsel in a case where a woman slipped and fell in a hotel bathroom tub where the hotel initially denied liability but as a result of information obtained through the discovery process, significant damages were paid;
- A client who slipped and fell on a sidewalk with obvious defects. She incurred no disability, received very little treatment and had a small scar on her face. Client received a very favorable result;
- Female client tripped on curbing in a parking lot fell into grocery carts and fractured her arm. The insurance company initially claimed our client was not paying attention to where she was walking. Our office persuaded the insurance company of the great value of this case. Our client received a large monetary recovery;
- Female client slipped and fell on a wet floor in a grocery store. She incurred no disability, received very little treatment. Client received a very favorable result;
- A female client who tripped and fell in a parking lot resulting in a fractured wrist. She received significant compensation for her injuries;
- A female client who fell in a fast food establishment and sustained a broken arm. Client received a substantial settlement.
- Many individuals in dog bite cases. In some cases, the dog that bit our client was not with the owner of the dog. Our clients recovered significant money damages for their claims;
- Our client, while walking her dog in a public park, tried to break up a dog fight involving her dog and another dog. Our client lost a portion of her index finger. Despite claims that we could not prove whose dog bit our client, we secured a significant award for her;
- A client who was bitten by a dog on the hand. The insurance company denied the lost wage claim of our client was related to his injuries. A substantial recovery was attained after mediation;
- Female client attacked and mauled by a dog on a public street received a significant compensation to settle her claim.
- Client, after signing a waiver and release form, was drag racing his motorcycle at a racetrack. Client was hit from behind by another racer coming out of the staging area which resulted in a broken leg. Racetrack claimed assumption of the risk, waiver and the signing of a release. We were still able to secure a very significant recovery;
- Client collided with barrier, injuring shoulder and leg. We successfully represented the client for a notable recovery;
- A client in a motorcycle accident where he was given a ticket for failing to drive in the established lane while passing a motor vehicle on the right. We were able to get the client the very significant available policy limits while substantially reducing the lien amount for medical bills despite his receiving a ticket.
- A client whose 2-year-old son pushed a toy piece in his ear heavily puncturing his eardrum. The toy manufacturer in our products liability claim initially denied liability but we were able to obtain compensation for our client’s son for all of his injuries;
- A client who had multiple pre-existing injuries fell on ice when there were no witnesses. The insurance company questioned liability. After arbitration, the insurance company paid our demand on the claim.
Uninsured Motorist Cases
- Passenger in a motor vehicle involved in an accident received a traumatic brain injury and recovered $100,000 from the responsible party. The client had $400,000 of underinsured motorist coverage. The insurance company was entitled to offsets of over $150,000 leaving net available coverage of only $250,000. This firm commenced an action against Client’s insurance company for unfair trade and insurance practices. We were able to recover a great deal of compensation for our client;
- Client hit head-on by underinsured driver. Client received a broken left foot, broken ribs and scars. There was an issue as to whether or not Client was covered under an automobile policy owned by his brother. This firm commenced suit for, among other things, unfair trade and insurance practices. A sizable recovery was obtained;
- A client in an underinsured motorist claim where the insurance carrier initially claimed the case did not have the value that was demanded by our office. We were able to convince the insurance company to pay the significant insurance policy limits of liability.
- Co-counsel in a case involving a client who was misdiagnosed with a Cerebral aneurysm, resulting in partial paralysis. Suit was brought against his general practice doctor, neurologist, and the hospital. These results are confidential;
- Acting as co-counsel in a number of medical malpractice cases where liability was denied and significant money damages were later paid to our clients.
Loss of Parental Consortium
- Husband wife were injured in a motor vehicle accident resulting in the placement of both parties in a nursing home. The firm was able to position the case in such a way, through loss of parental consortium claims, that the children received the proceeds of the case without any claim for their parent’s major nursing home expenses.
- A client who suffered a serious back injury, after being hit by a truck, that the responsible party claimed was not consistent with the impact of the collision. Through litigation and the assistance of a special master through mediation we were able to obtain significant compensation for our client;
- The estate of a teenage boy who was killed in a truck accident whereby the significant policy limits were paid despite the initial position taken by the at fault party’s insurance company that a number of intervening issues did not make this a policy limits case;
- Co-counsel in a case where our client was involved in a truck accident and was represented by an attorney who was later discharged. We arranged for replacement counsel, in another state. The eventual settlement award was almost three times what was initially offered and was more than the first attorney’s demand in the case;
- A client who was in a truck that was struck from behind. The insurance company claimed that the impact of the collision could not have caused all of our client’s injuries. We were able to obtain a very significant recovery after mediation.
- Child was killed by a family member while walking behind the vehicle. Out of this tragedy that involve multiple interpersonal relationships, we were able to recover against the liable family members insurance company;
- A wrongful death case that our firm agreed to take on an hourly basis because there were insignificant limits of liability. We were able to get the significant policy limits paid with one telephone call. We were able to save the estate over six figures.
Recreational & Skiing Accidents
- Client fell at a ski slope, breaking his leg while using rented ski equipment. The ski slope claimed lack of experience and improper use of equipment. This result is confidential;
- Elderly client fell at boat docks breaking leg. Insurance company alleged contributory negligence. No expert to testify as to negligence. We were still able to make get a recovery for our client;
- A client who slipped and fell on a boat dock fracturing his arm. Despite the fact that we were not able to establish liability, the insurance company paid six figures to resolve the case;
- A client who was injured at a ski area despite the fact that the ski slope owner/operator claimed that the injuries incurred were part of the assumption of risk waiver that was signed by the client. A favorable outcome was obtained despite this very viable defense;
- A young female client who fell off a horse at an after school riding activity resulting is a fractured wrist. After first denying the claim the insurance company paid a significant sum of money to settle the case.
Premises Liability & Dangerous Conditions
- A client who was injured by a piece of broken glass on a job site where we were able to access the insurance policy of the homeowner obtaining substantial compensation for our client.
- A client who suffered two separate house fires. We were able to access more than the available insurance coverage for our client;
- Several clients who were struck by falling objects from shelves while they were shopping in stores. We were able to obtain favorable recoveries despite the stores claiming that our clients were responsible for their own injuries.
- Co-counsel in the case against an attorney who did not properly represent our client in a personal injury action. The attorney claimed no malpractice but we obtained a substantial confidential settlement for our client;
- A client who was seriously injured through the negligence of a third party. We were able to access substantial insurance coverage despite the initial claims of the insurance carrier that this coverage was not available;
- Co-counsel in a case where our client was chased by a police officer who subdued our client and while he was on the ground was shot and killed by the police officer. Despite the vigorous defenses propounded by the town a significant recovery was obtained for the parents.
Our Connecticut injury and accident lawyers have offices located in or near Bloomfield, Bridgeport, Danbury, East Haven, Georgetown, Hamden, New Fairfield, Newtown, Ridgefield, & Stamford, Connecticut. Please, click here for directions and more information.