A car accident can be one of the most traumatizing and frightening experiences you ever go through. You’ll experience physical and emotional trauma that can leave you leering. The first reaction to a car accident may be fear or frustration which is why the Norfolk car accident attorneys at Hastings, Cohan & Walsh are here to offer you a helping hand.
If you’ve been involved in a Connecticut car accident, one of our main priorities is to get you financial compensation to return you to your previous level of comfort. We will help you work with the insurance companies and the authorities to get you the compensation you deserve. Contact our Connecticut car accident lawyer for help by calling (877) 801-6202.
What To Do If You’re In A Car Accident
When the unthinkable happens and you’re involved in a car accident, there are some important tips to remember in order to protect yourself. After a car accident, try to remember the following:
- Contact the authorities – always have the police come to the scene to keep you safe, document the facts, and help determine who was at fault
- Document the scene – take pictures, record license plate numbers, and get information from those involved and from any witnesses
- Call your Connecticut car accident attorney – call our team so we can help you navigate this difficult process and interface with your insurance company for you
- Call your insurance company – report the accident, but do not sign anything until we can formally go through your case
- Do not admit fault – even if you believe you may have been at fault for the accident, that is for the authorities to determine
- See your doctor – even if you feel fine, car accidents can cause a myriad of injuries that cam take days or weeks to show symptoms, so always visit your doctor
Recovering Damages After a Connecticut Car Accident
After a car accident, our team will work with the police and insurance companies to determine if your car accident was due to another’s negligence. Our Connecticut car accident attorneys will advance any and all costs of your car accident case. We will only be reimbursed for these costs if we win your claim, and you are awarded compensation. Otherwise, we will absorb all fees.
We will try to get you a settlement for the following:
- Medical expenses related to the caused injury, both past and future
- Income lost as result of the accident and injuries, both past and future
- Any permanent injuries
- Lost social (family) and educational experiences
- Emotional damage
- Punitive damages (in extraordinary cases)
- Damage to property
Our team of Norfolk lawyers is dedicated to getting you back to life you had before. We will work tirelessly to get you the compensation you deserve. For help with your case, please contact Hastings Cohan & Walsh today or call (877) 801-6202.