If you've been involved in an accident and are suffering from a broken bone, our attorneys at Hastings, Cohan & Walsh, LLP can assist you in filing a claim for damages. It is extremely important that you contact our injury attorneys as soon as possible. It is critical not to do anything that might have a negative effect upon your case, therefore, our lawyers might advise you not to give any statements or sign any authorizations prior to the lawsuit. Please contact us prior to making any claims to the guilty party or speaking with the insurance companies.

For help with your claim, please contact our Norfolk personal injury attorneys today by calling (877) 801-6202.

Liability in Injury Cases

In order for our attorneys to determine if you have a case due to your injury, we have to determine if there was a liable party. In injury cases, liability is determined by comparing a person's actions to the expected actions of a reasonable person. If the reason you have a fractured bone is because someone was acting outside of reasonable expectations, then they may be liable for your injuries.

Acting outside of reasonable expectations can include any of the following:

  • Being under the influence of alcohol or other substances
  • Reckless driving
  • Negligent behavior
  • Poorly maintained premises

Compensation in an Injury Case

If we are able to prove that the guilty party caused your injuries because of their negligence in maintaining their property or because of their negligent behavior, we will strive to sue for the following compensation:

  • Past and future medical care and related expenses
  • Past and future income lost because of the accident
  • Permanent physical disability or disfigurement
  • Loss of family, social, and educational experiences
  • Emotional damages, such as stress, embarrassment, depression, or strains on family relationships
  • Mental, physical, occupational, or emotional rehabilitation
  • Damaged property
  • Punitive damages (in extraordinary cases)

Help From Our Connecticut Injury Attorneys

Our Norfolk injury lawyers are here to help you get back on your feet. This is why we advance all costs and expenses of the case as they are incurred. Once the case is concluded, we will reimburse ourselves out of the recovery. If there is no recovery, you owe nothing for the costs and expenses. To determine if you have grounds to file a personal injury lawsuit, please contact Hastings, Cohan & Walsh, LLP today by calling (877) 801-6202. We proudly serve clients in Norfolk, Stamford, and Ridgefield, Connecticut and the surrounding areas.