Bridgeport Dog Bite Attorneys
Dog Bite Laws in Connecticut
Man’s best friend can sometimes cause serious injuries and lifelong complications in the case of a dog bite or attack. If you have suffered a dog bite, you may be able to obtain compensation for the physical, emotional, and mental trauma caused by the owner's negligence. Whether you have been bit by an aggressive dog or your neighbor's pet has been attacked, you need to secure representation. Our Bridgeport personal injury lawyers are understanding and knowledgeable, bringing 70+ years' of collective insight to every dog bite case we take on in Connecticut. Hastings, Cohan & Walsh, LLP is passionate about securing justice for injury victims. Allow our firm to review your case today in a free consultation!
Start by filling out a free case evaluation on our website or calling us at (888) 244-5480.
What Do I Do After a Dog Attack?
There are varying factors that can determine how serious a bite is; however, all bites should be treated with the utmost care and attention.
- After a dog bite, you should do the following:
- Treat the wounds –Whether the wounds are on you, your child or your pet, it is important to take immediate attention them. Clean the wound, seek advice from a doctor or veterinarian and follow all care instructions to prevent serious scarring or infection.
- Contact the authorities –Local law enforcement should be involved, especially when the dog that attacked was particularly vicious or aggressive. Police can write reports and follow up with the animal’s owner.
- Obtain information from the dog’s owner, if possible –If the owner is willing to speak, or if they are around, take all information and make sure that you record the time and area of the attack. Take photos if it is possible to do so, too.
- Contact an attorney –You should never feel that you are facing an insurance company or noncompliant dog owner alone. You need to contact Hastings, Cohan & Walsh, LLP right away.
Schedule a Consultation with Hastings, Cohan & Walsh, LLP
Do you have questions regarding the validity of your dog bite claim or the amount of compensation that you may be entitled to? No matter your situation, we encourage you to contact Hastings, Cohan & Walsh, LLP to discuss your case.
Ready to take the next step? Schedule a free consultation with our trusted Bridgeport dog bite attorneys right away.