The Do's and Don'ts Following a CT Car Crash
All CT car crashes, even small ones, can have far reaching consequences. Because of these consequences, knowing what you should do and what not to do after a car accident is incredibly important. It will be the steps you take after your accident that have the biggest impact on your ability to collect proper compensation, particularly in instances where serious injury has occurred.
What to Do
On the scene of the accident:
- Contact 911 and cooperate with all emergency personnel
- Get the name, insurance information, contact information, and vehicle information from all involved drivers
- Get the name and contact information of any witnesses
- Take pictures of the accident from multiple angles
- Contact your insurance company
Immediately following an accident:
- See your doctor for a thorough examination
- Contact a Connecticut personal injury attorney at Hastings, Cohan & Walsh, LLP
What Not to Do
Do not, under any circumstances, admit or suggest your fault in an accident. Not to the police, not to EMTs, not to the other driver, witnesses, or your insurance company. Whatever you do, do not admit fault.
Do not fail to contact your own doctor for a thorough examination. There are many injuries that can take weeks or months to begin showing symptoms. You need to have these injuries diagnosed as soon as possible to increase your chances of a full recovery.
Do not fail to contact our office to obtain legal representation and do not accept an insurance offer before you have spoken with us. Insurance companies will try to minimize your settlement.Only with our help can you get the full compensation you deserve.
If you have been involved in a car accident in Connecticut, please contact Hastings, Cohan & Walsh, LLP to schedule a free initial consultation with one of our personal injury attorneys today.
Download our Free ebook, The Crash Course on Personal Injury Claims